- The Press Association (PA) is a leading provider of multi-platform content solutions and has been a national news agency for 145 years.
- PA had an outdated desktop infrastructure which needed upgrading to a more robust and usable system, and they wanted to move their email to the cloud and have single sign-on access.
- PA also wanted to enable anywhere working for employees using single sign-on access.
- After reviewing the options available, PA chose to explore cloud-based technology to reduce costs, and improve performance and staff productivity.
- Core migrated PA to Microsoft Office 365, exploiting Exchange Online and Active Directory Federation Service to provide single sign-on.
- With Core’s knowledge and vast migration experience, the PA were able to embed the new technology with little or no problems.
- Staff have praised the user-friendly, flexible working methods and PA now benefit from 25 gigabyte mailboxes. Staff can also access their messages from anywhere through a public WiFi connection or on a customer’s site.
- Since the successful move to the cloud, the weather division of PA has also migrated.
- “As Core has vast experience with migrations to Office 365, we felt that we were in safe hands and as if nothing was too much trouble for them.” David Reed, Head of IS and Infrastructure, Press Association.