- Poundland has over 500 stores across the UK and Ireland and is the UK’s leading value discount retailer, employing around 12,000 staff.
- Poundland was using a Windows XP system which was reaching its end of life imminently. They needed a new operating system which would be supported, patched and secure, and wanted to move from on-premise solutions to hosted IT services and the cloud.
- They opted for a Microsoft Office 365 solution to replace Lotus Notes. Active Directory and System Centre transformed how Poundland managed infrastructure.
- Poundland considered in-house solutions but ultimately chose Microsoft Office 365 and worked with Core on the project.
- Office 365 replaced Lotus Notes and Active Directory and System Centre transformed how the company managed infrastructure.
- Core’s solution allows Poundland to scale their IT in line with the company as it grows.
- Poundland’s IT service teams can manage new openings at home and internationally, and administrative burden has been reduced.
- Core’s solution has helped Poundland become more agile and lets staff work collaboratively.
- “We’ve reduced reliance on IT and reduced our workload, which is great. Core are quite willing to be flexible. I really like that.” Matthew Sparks, Head of IT Services, Poundland