- Swiss company Phonak have been developing sophisticated hearing systems for 60 years. Their UK distributor Phonak UK, employs 285 people and makes custom in-ear hearing systems.
- Phonak needed tighter internal procedures for tasks such as issuing identity badges and safety briefings. They also wanted to manage workflow, document lists and libraries.
- The company used Microsoft SharePoint 2010 as a possible way to automate and track identity badges, laptops and company cars, but decided to seek training to help develop real examples and convince business managers.
- Core were recommended to Phonak’s Head of IT, John Sunter. Phonak chose to work with Core, because they had more than 10 years experience working with SharePoint and were willing to engage in knowledge transfer.
- Core provided a four-day workshop which covered SharePoint lists for tasks like tracking laptops or libraries for managing technical documents.
- They also reviewed the SharePoint server configuration and looked at workflows.
- Core’s training quickly transferred the skills needed to manage SharePoint and prove its business worth.
- By sharing knowledge, Core quickly helped make Phonak self-sufficient.
- “The systems are saving time, money and resources throughout the business. It was superb training and information provided by people who were clearly experts.” John Sunter, Head of IT, Phonak UK.