- Investors in People was created by the United Kingdom government in 1991 as a non-departmental public body to help businesses with staff training and development.
- After five years, the organisation decided it was time to upgrade their existing software to develop a new website.
- There were two main goals: streamline the process of content creation and publishing, and make it easier for people to find what they were looking for on the site.
- Investors in People chose Microsoft Office SharePoint Server to manage its public website and chose Core to implement the platform.
- The system is simple and easy-to-use, ensuring content is current and easier to maintain.
- Content creators use programs like Microsoft Word to create and upload content to an internal version of the website, with new content automatically copied over to the live site on a nightly basis.
- Since the system was updated, the length of time visitors spend on site has increased and people are reading more material.
- The number of people requesting information packs has increased by as much as 30% – this was the primary goal.
- “We see it as a massive improvement over what we had before. For a limited development effort on our part, it’s extremely powerful and useful for customers.”