- The East of England Collaborative Procurement Hub (EOECPH) supports NHS Trusts in the East of England, and employs around 25 staff.
- Services include the procurement of clinical and non-clinical goods and services, contract management, service frameworks and communication strategies.
- Changes to the NHS structure meant EOECPH had to replace their IT systems, which had been supplied to them by a third party.
- Core designed a system around Microsoft 365, Windows Azure and its Aurora Managed Service offering.
- This let EOECPH combine the anywhere, anytime email, communications and collaboration features of Office 365 with the benefits of Active Directory.
- Core also temporarily deployed extra servers to the cloud to speed up the process of copying files and data from the old system to the new cloud-based infrastructure.
- EOECPH are enjoying the benefits of Office 365 without having to invest in a new infrastructure.
- With Core’s help, EOECPH set up a new shared drive on a new in-house server which keeps in constant sync with a mirror, set up in Windows Azure.
- “Core understood what we needed early on and came up with a solution that would work for us.” E-enablement manager, Darren McVee, EOECPH.