- Diabetes UK is the UK’s leading diabetes charity, helping more than 3.8 million people and their families affected by diabetes.
- The charity has more than 5,000 volunteers and 6,000 healthcare professionals working together in a range of areas.
- Diabetes UK wanted to replace their existing Microsoft SharePoint intranet in order to meet the charity’s expanding needs.
- Core and Diabetes UK worked together to deliver a visibly engaging and intuitive site which let people find the right information, quickly.
- Core redesigned the site structure to meet the charity’s needs and built the site framework before transferring it to the charity’s third-party data centre.
- Working with the Diabetes UK communications and marketing team, Core designed an intuitive intranet with a distinctive look and feel, and planned the migration process.
- The new system is much more flexible, and people can edit their team pages more easily.
- The intranet has become a better communication tool which looks vibrant and has a distinct look and feel.
- “A lot of the teams have been a lot more engaged in keeping content fresh and making their sites more functional.” Alison Harman, Intranet Manager, Diabetes UK.