- The Department for International Trade (DIT) sits between the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Business Innovation and Skills Department.
- Their main objective is to promote the UK as a brilliant place to invest and a great business partner to have as well as helping UK-based firms to export.
- DIT is a mobile organisation but its systems were fixed to desktop and inflexible. They needed a mobile cloud solution that would work anywhere in the world and was absolutely secure at all times.
- Core worked with DIT to develop a fully secure and flexible mobile solution built on Core’s Aurora platform while also utilising Microsoft Office 365.
- This gave DIT anywhere, anytime email and document access on laptops or tablets.
- Communication between teams has been improved thanks to Microsoft Skype for Business making time-zones more fluid and giving visibility of staff availability.
- DIT have seen improved communications, faster access to CRM and secure, efficient mobile working as a result of moving to the cloud.
- The new system has enabled 2,000 users to work remotely around the world, in a secure, cost-effective environment.
- As ambassadors for the UK, it’s vital that the technology we use in our day to day operations paints a picture of Britain as an advanced nation. The Cloud system with Core and the Microsoft suite of products have allowed us to achieve that in a very cost effective manner whilst delivering a host of productivity improvements.”