A Managed Desktop service or Desktop as a Service (DaaS) allows users to access their application, files and emails wherever they need to and from any device. The desktop is hosted on the cloud and is maintained by a Managed Service Provider (MSP) like Core.
There are many reasons why a business would outsource their desktop management or request ongoing support for their desktops. Some of the benefits include:
- 24/7 support from the MSP
- Personalised desktop for your organisation
- Security management through threat detection
- Disaster recovery and backup management
- Cost savings through outsourcing desktop management
In this post, we outline the desktop support process that we employ at Core. The diagram below shows the process:
The process is quite simple, and is as follows:
- When there is an issue with the desktop, a support request can be raised through email or phone to raise a ticket
- The service desk receives the request and logs it onto the system; the case is assigned to an analyst
- The analyst reviews the matter and works with the person who has the issue to resolve it
- The analyst resolves the issue or escalates it if it’s beyond their capabilities
- Once the issue is resolved, the case is recorded for future issues, and the ticket is closed
Core provides 2nd line analysts on the phone to provide a more technical level of support that some organisations require, as part of their SLA. As we offer 24/7 support, 1st line analysts are available at night, but the ticket is never escalated to the 2nd line team.
Core has a high-drive for first-time resolution. Tickets are only escalated if:
- There is a need for 3rd line support either due to restrictions to the access the analyst has, or technical expertise
- The issue has to be reviewed and resolved by a more specialised team, e.g. CRM
- It is not a managed service account (e.g. SharePoint only)
A well-defined process makes it easy for a business to continue operating without delays. This is something that Core offers to our clients and is one of the main drawing points of our service.